1st Contact Famous Kickstart UK Relocation Package
1st Contact is the longest running relocation company for working travellers heading to the UK. The Kickstart package is the best way to remove the stress of relocating and help you settle comfortably into your new London life. It is great value for money and saves a lot of time and hassle allowing you to start enjoying your UK experience sooner.
The Kickstart package, which costs only AUS$99, includes:
- UK Bank account Quick and easy best of all no need for proof of address in the UK. You have a choice of two different banks, HSBC or Lloyds. Alternatively you can open an international bank account and have your bank documents posted to you before you leave home.
- UK National Insurance Number Assistance It’s your personal UK tax number, everyone needs one so they don’t pay too much tax. As part of the Kickstart package we offer you a help guide that explains how to apply yourself. However, the process can be quite lengthy and time consuming. 1st Contact also offers an Easy National Insurance service for AUS $50 where you will receive you NI number 2 to 4 weeks.*(or AUS $35, NZ $45 if purchased in conjunction with the Kickstart pack to get the discount).
- CV and Job Assistance 1st Contact offer the correct UK CV format and send your CV to our Job Assistance team for FREE. Job Assistance work with over 100 of the UK's premier recruitment agencies and they can help to find you a job before you leave home.
- A UK SIM card Available in both Standard SIM and Micro SIM sizes for iPhone 4 and iPad users. Pay & Go SIM card has cheap international call rates and data download. (Your new UK Phone number is also provided before you leave home, which is great for your CV and Family and Friends).
- FREE International money transfer Send your money to your new UK bank account for FREE. 1st Contact offer competitive exchange rates and avoid ALL bank charges.
- UK informative Guide This includes everything you need to know about London from the transport system, the UK tax system, the healthcare system, UK sporting events, driving, entertainment, finding work, travelling abroad and lots more.
- FREE Pre registration to 1st Contact Umbrella If you are working in a temporary contract position use 1st Contact Umbrella Payroll and claim back a part of your relocation costs including your flights.*
- Accommodation Assistance We teamed up with a network of accommodation providers to suit your budget, from private studio apartments to hostels.
- FREE 5 days gym membership PLUS discounted gym contract.
- FREE Travel Insurance quote Talk to us about your needs and we'll provide a quote that suits your travel plans.*
- PLUS Discounts on 1st Contact Services and affiliated partners including tax refunds, shipping, accommodation and tour operators.
- Optional Additional Extras A-Z London Guide and Mobile Broadband Dongle.
Note: no minimum deposit is required to open a bank account through this package.
*upon submitting your NI paper application form to 1st Contact OR attending your Evidence of Identity Interview (EOI) with the JobCentre Plus.
*to claim back your relocation costs 1st Contact Umbrella must be your first employer in the UK.
*travel insurance available for Australians travelling to the UK
How it Works
This Kickstart package is operated by 1st Contact an established traveller's service company who specialise in helping people relocate to the UK.
The 1st Contact London office will contact you pre-departure and you will personalise your own Kickstart package and choose your appropriate bank appointment time online.
You can either collect your Kickstart pack form the 1st Contact office or we can arrange to have your package posted to your UK address. You'll attend your pre booked bank appointment with your passport and 'Kickstart bank letter', which is provided to you in your Kickstart pack. The bank consultant will assist you in opening your bank account and provide your bank account details on the same day. Once your account is open, you will receive your bank documents within 5 - 7 working days.
VERY IMPORTANT: You must bring your passport (showing your visa with your entitlement to work in the UK) to BOTH the 1st Contact office and bank meeting.
Alternatively 1st Contact offers a Pre Departure bank account where you can open your UK bank account before you leave home.